Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trying my hand at poetry :)



Mind is overpowered by fears,
known yet they seem unknown.
Is it loneliness or my own creation?
I feel lost and powerless,
I cry out and long for someone,
but only my shadow prefers to stay close.
My soul is shattered by the sharp pain
but tears take charge,
the only strength I think, I possess,
Escaping  from everything appears best
But human mind has doors,
which block my ability to reason
my thoughts and confidence give up with me
I embrace the feeling not knowing,
what is it that I have just gained.

7 comments:

  1. I embrace the feeling not knowing,
    what is it that I have just gained - this line is beautiful! Wow...good that you thought you gained. You've got to maintain your positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ira. Yes, that's the whole purpose of any experience or feeling to learn or gain something out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running away is never an option..the more u run the more things haunt you...I guess the only way is to face them...and yes its hard to come out of anything without learning it's only a matter of time i guess..but that time alone is so god damn hard like a cruel punishment for no sin at all..lovely radha..like your first attempt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mango, I know running away is never the right option..but that appears to be the most easy thing to do..it's just a feeling..for that moment :) And thanks for encouraging me :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A short sequel.....


    The weight of my world
    Pushes me to the edge
    The escapist in my head
    Eyes the canyon longingly
    Yet the ties that bind
    Make me change my mind
    Yet again...

    -Gagan

    PS- Had 2 write my name....... damn thing doesnt recognize my profile......
    & I didnt want anyone to lose their beauty sleep wondering who wrote this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! Nice, keep writing more;) Interesting! We can publish a book on poetry and share the credit ;)

    ReplyDelete