Monday, October 11, 2010

If you need some INSPIRATION.

Sunday, 10th October, 2010.



I was actually able to look at myself with different eyes after I saw this video of Nick Vujicic, a man without limbs. Yes, you read it right. This man in the video has no limbs yet he loves living life and is happy.
He likes swimming, golfing, fishing and believes that life has no limits.He thinks human spirit is capable of handling so much more than we realize it actually can.


He has no complains and is thankful for all he has.Wow, I was amazed when I saw his attitude towards life. He is a living inspiration for all of us.


If I look at myself, I am always complaining for something or the other that I don't have, things that go wrong with me, any problem at home, anything not going according to my wish or any silly thing I can complain about. After watching this video I found that I was so lucky to have a perfect body, where I can do everything and anything, all on my own without depending on anyone. But,I am not thankful as most of the time I am complaining and asking for more comfortable things and privileges.


I guess most of us miss being grateful and thankful for whatever we have and we are too busy thinking of any new reason to complain. We are so much busy that we hardly live LIFE.We give up too easily when we have to face challenges or strive for things. We get disappointed and discouraged very easily.
But Nick says: "If I fail, I try again, and again and again.."




It is so nice to see a man with so much confidence and positivity to stand up and talk to people about his life and inspire them who have no physical deformity but are people who are ungrateful and full of negativity.
Don't you think it's always the other way round. We never see people like him talking to us with that confidence, telling us to face things strongly, to have faith in ourselves and to love living life.
But he is all there to inspire our minds and remind us that life is so much more than just complaining and being unhappy.
I am sure he will force you to think and look at yourself differently.
Cheers to his positive attitude and outlook towards life!

10 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of this guy! I want to meet him once, make a movie on him and stay in his house for a week or so to observe his life :) You know, once in an interview I was asked who I would like to meet, dead or alive, and what question I'd ask him/her. I had replied Nick Vijucic with the question, what makes him get up every morning from the bed and face life and the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this video! You know what's most amazing? This guy loves himself, the first step to not get pity from people is not to pity yourself, and thats what he does! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ira- Same here. I love his attitude and confidence.I really want to meet him and spend some time knowing him more as a person. I wish I can love life like he does.

    Ratieka- V true, he is so damn confident and he loves living life as it is coming to him. Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly inspiring... But why do we always crib and what's perfection? I dunno... I wish the same only if I could... life would have been worth living :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your points about not stopping to be thankful, or grateful for what we do have are important. When we complain, we are wholly self-centred. When we feel grateful or thankful, we are either thinking of others, of the divine, or at minimum, about the miracle that is nature.

    Humanity has a long history of self-hate, which causes hatred and harm to others. This man is Enlightened. He has no pretences, and does not boast. He is grateful, and faces life with humility. There is great confidence in humility. It is part of our cultural tradition to show humility, but that has been lost, as we have become Westernised. Now, we take things for granted, and want more, and different, and better. That is not our culture. That is not our way.

    This man is as much 'Bodhisattva' as anyone I have ever heard of. My question to you, as a young person in an increasingly Westernised India, is: What will you do with the lessons he offers? It is not enough to talk. There is a fundamental shift in attitude, from complaining self-centred, to thankful other-centred. Can you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Uma,
    I agree to what you said that its no longer our culture to be thankful and grateful but I believe that we learn and grow with our experiences.
    After watching this video I realized that if he can live his life happily and be thankful, why can't I do the same, I have everything that I need.
    It is true that there has been a change in attitudes of the people but it depends on people whether they want to change their attitude in order to live a happy life or stay the way they are.
    I know such changes are difficult but they are not impossible.
    I think if I keep complaining and stay dissatisfied then I will only attract negativity and unhappiness in my life. But that's what nobody wants and I am no exception.If I want happiness I will have to learn to be grateful. I am sure I will reach this level because I have learnt my lesson from this inpiring soul and I firmly believe that it's never too late when we want good changes in ourselves also in doing so even God is there with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the most inspiring personalities of modern times, Nick, certainly has set new benchmarks for mankind and does come as one of the biggest wake up call for those who tend to look down at life. His simple but powerful words of looking at life as the most WONDERFUL gift one has goes beyond barriers and is universal for all. It is most unfortunate to see that though we go leaps and bounds talking and discussing about men like him, we hardly try to imbibe the simplest of thoughts they work with all their lives making them stand apart and be what they are. What makes it even worse is the fact that time and again many like him have come forth, guiding the mankind on a better way to living a worthy life and yet we linger on. Nonetheless, it is fascinating to see what great power lies in the way one chooses to look at life and the tremendous possibilities it opens. His story is of the kinds that are great examples of what thoughts do to us and it is more important to reflect upon what men like him do than merely acknowledge their existence. So, ponder more, I wish, we do, to be attuned to such great men and even greater thoughts of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, I am amazed at how they have a completely different perspective on life, how they have made the choice of always being happy no matter what, it definitely not an easy choice. I always think I should be grateful and thankful for what I have but there are moments when I complain. I wish I can think like Nick, look at life through his eyes and be happy and not complain about things going wrong. I need to face every challenge and value people like Nick, who even after what they go through in life, make an effort to make me happier and contented :)

    ReplyDelete