Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Digital Natives.

Monday, 27th September, 2010.

Interestingly, a survey conducted across 10 major Indian cities revealed that out of 1,500 users over half of them spend around five hours a day on the Internet. Among them 52 per cent of the users fall in the age group of 8-11 years. 
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/PUBLICATIONS/HT/HD/2010/09/27/ArticleHtmls/NET-RESULT-Cyber-addiction-peril-stalks-urban-children-27092010001017.shtml?Mode=1 

According to a survey the new generation is being referred to as the "Digital Natives", because they are not only growing up in this new world but also they are well aware of its rules, values and language.
http://www.cis-india.org/research/dn/uploads/dnrep1


There has been an excessive increase in its usage because of the online games, social networking, home-work, blogging, etc. 
I think its so true. After coming back from college I spent most of my time either on facebook or uploading my home work online. 

The present generation has become addicted to this online world and now it is a part of their daily routine. We make sure we keep updating our presence there. We have a new world which takes us away from our families, the real world for us, yes our families are the most important part of our lives.
But still we don't give it much thought and prefer to stay online be it a working day or a holiday. Instant music, games, connection with friends, videos all seem so much fun. Through the internet people are dicovering and inventing new ways to share relevant knowledge with blinding speed.
Even after writing this blog, I still spend almost the same amount of time online as it takes me away from the difficult situations in my real life. It offers an escape and makes me feel secure as I am connected to a larger world through it. I also feel better sharing my thoughts and feelings through my blogs or with friends who I cannot reach without using this technology, I cannot make calls everyday:(
Yes, I accept that I have a new world around me which is all about the internet and it is new for many of others too but the change after writing this blog is that I make sure that I spend some quality time with my family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment