Saturday, November 6, 2010

HAPPY DIWALI !!!

6th November, 2010.

Happy Diwali to everyone!!!!!!
I know I should have written this blog yesterday but I was too busy enjoying and decorating my house with flowers, rangoli, diyas and candles. It was so much fun. Also, meeting friends and relatives is something we all look forward to. I am sure you must have done the same too.


It was beautiful to see the ways in which people had decorated their houses and how the light of the diyas enhanced the look.
But I noticed some change and I want to share it in this blog. I saw that instead of diyas, people have and continously are switching to candles and more fancy lights. The natural light of the 'diyas' has been taken over by the light of the candles. People think that candles are easy to use and handle as compared to the traditional 'diyas'.
This is sad as the festivals are a part of our tradition and should be celebrated in their natural way. The light of diwali is the natural light of 'diya'. And the 'diyas' are an integral part of Diwali.


I think it would be a lovely idea to light up your houses only with the light of the 'diyas'. I do agree that it requires a little more effort but I feel sometimes it is best to stay natural. By doing this we will make sure that we are keeping the essence of our festivals alive and we are not adding any artificial touch to them.
Let me know what you feel about this, I would love to know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment